Fireworks and celebrations go together, especially during the Fourth of July. Fireworks can be dangerous, causing serious burns and eye injuries.
- Be sure other people are out of range before lighting fireworks.
- Do not carry fireworks in your pocket or on your person.
- Keep a bucket of water in case of malfunction or fire.
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Never try to relight fireworks that have not fully functioned.
- Only light fireworks on a smooth, flat surface away from the house, dry leaves, and flammable materials.
- Only light one firework device at a time, then move away from the device quickly.
- Read and follow all warnings and instructions.
Fireworks can be fun and very enjoyable as long as we are all safe.