Here are some useful tips on how you can conserve water:
- Repair leaky faucets, indoors and out.
- Use the dishwasher, instead of washing dishes by hand, and then only run the dishwasher when it is full.
- If you wash dishes by hand, add enough water/soap to the largest pot/bowl to be washed, instead of filling the entire sink and do not let the water run to rinse off dishes. Turn the water on and off to rinse.
- Take short showers instead of baths.
- Turn off the water when brushing your teeth and when shaving.
- Repair leaky toilets! We have FREE dye tablets available at city hall for you to check your toilets for leaks. Drop one tablet in the toilet tank. If colored water appears in the toilet bowl within 15-30 minutes (without you flushing), your toilet is leaking.
- Run only full loads of laundry.
- Install aerators in all your faucets.
- Update old toilets, shower heads, dishwashers and washing machines.