Water & Sewer Services
WATER AND SEWER rates
- The 2017 Water rate is $6.37 per 1,000 gallons, with a 9,000 gallon minimum usage per quarter.
- The 2017 Sewer rate is $7.03 per 1,000 gallons, with a 9,000 gallon minimum usage per quarter.
- The MN Service Connection Fee is $1.59 per quarter.
- The Stormwater Utility Fee is $6.00 per quarter.
- The minimum quarterly utility bill is $128.19, which includes up to 9,000 gallons of usage.
|Quarter||Billing Date||Due Date|
|January - March||April 22||May 15|
|April - June||July 22||August 15|
|July - September||October 22||November 15|
|October - December||January 22||February 15|
Bill Due Dates
Utility Bills are mailed out quarterly on, or about, the 22nd day of of the month. Payments are due by 4:30 p.m. on the 15th of the following month (see table). If the 15th falls on a weekend, then the payment will be due by 4:30 p.m. the following Monday.
LATE FEE POLICY
After that date, a 15% penalty will be applied to unpaid accounts and a Delinquent/Shut-off Notice will be mailed. If payment is not received within the following 20 days, water service will be shut off and a $60.00 reconnection fee will be assessed. The account balance must be paid in full, including the reconnection fee, before the water service will be turned back on.
If your services are disconnected for nonpayment, the fee for reconnection is $60.00. Reconnections after 3:30 p.m. will also include a minimum call out fee. There will be no reconnections done after 4:30 p.m. or on weekends.
As per the Minnesota Uniform Building Code, any household without water services will be required to vacate the premises.
PAYMENT DROP BOX
Waite Park water/sewer customers can pay their water/sewer bills by simply dropping the payment off in the payment drop box located in the front of City Hall. Payments are collected daily from this box at approximately 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM.