Government Access Channel 181 will not be available for up to two weeks. Please refer to this website for information or contact City Hall at (320)252-6822, if you have any further questions.
The Splash Pad, at Rivers Edge Park, is now open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Read on...
Have you seen the new Pickleball courts and are curious about what this game is and how it's played? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
Randy Hall, an Ambassador with the USA Pickleball Association, is offering lessons to people who may be interested in learning the game, but worry they don't have the right equipment to play. Randy comes with many credentials in this field and has been giving lessons for over 10 years in Minnesota and Florida!
There is a lesson fee of $10.00/person for an hour lesson.
Paddles and balls will be provided! Pre-registration is required.
Beginners Lesson dates/times will be:
Tuesday 08/15/17 6:00 PM Thursday 08/17/17 6:00 PM
Players who want to be introduced to the game or have very little play time.
Lesson's areas of emphasis: volley, ground strokes, serving, basic footwork, scoring, basic strategy.
1.0 - includes players who:
- are new to the game
- need to work on hand-eye coordination
- frequently miss shots
- can hit some slow balls
- have difficulty playing the game
- can keep some short rallies going with forehand
- fail to return easy balls
- have played a little, but need work on basic strokes.
Intermediate Lesson dates/times will be:
Tuesday 08/15/17 7:00 PM Thursday 08/17/17 7:00 PM
2.5 - includes players who:
- are able to the ball going with forehand
- can make some backhand hits
- are developing their strokes
- are thinking about getting up to the Non-Volley Zone
- are playing a little more aggressive
3.0 - Includes players who:
- are fairly consistent in hitting medium paced shots
- are still not comfortable with all strokes
- lack control in direction, depth or power
- attempt lobs and dink, but not fully understanding when and where to use these shots.
3.5 - Includes players who:
- have achieved improved stroke dependability with direction control on medium paced shots
- still need to develop more depth and variety in shots
- exhibit more aggressive net play
- are developing teamwork better
Private Lessons will also be available. The lesson fee for a private one hour lesson is $15.00.
Please contact Diane Bartz to pre-register for either group or private lessons, or if you have any questions.
Phone: (320) 250-9532
Alternate Phone: (320) 252-5861
Waite Park's six brand new Pickleball Courts are located at Rivers Edge Park at the corner of 3rd Street and 10th Avenue North.
Off-street parking is available at the intersection of 3rd Street and 13th Avenue North